Union Government launches DigiShala TV channel to promote digital payments
The Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched a TV channel named ‘DigiShala’ to promote cashless transactions.
The channel was launched as part of the ‘Digidhan’ campaign which aims to spread awareness about digital transactions.
- DigiShala is dedicated 24*7 and 365 days free-to-air TV channel to inform citizens about digital payment ecosystem, benefits and processes.
- It is a satellite channel managed by Doordarshan (DD). It will be broadcasted nationally on DD Free Dish DTH service.
- It will be available through GSAT15 (DD Direct DTH), 93.5 degree East, Receive frequency: 11590 Mhz.
- Through it, citizens will be informed and educated about various digital payment options through step by step demos of digital payments using e-wallets, UPI, USSD, Aadhaar-enabled payment systems and cards.
- It will impart information and education, especially in rural and semi-urban areas related to Digital Payment ecosystem, its tools, processes and benefits.
- The services on the channel initially will be available in Hindi and English and later in local languages as well.
- It is not mandatory for the service provider and direct-to-home (DTH) airing it and customers may opt for it.
SBI Payments launch of ‘RuPay SoftPoS’
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with the SBI Payments have announce to ...
Axis Bank Launches WhatsApp Banking
The Axis Bank has launched the WhatsApp Banking with the objective of helping and addressing the ban...
Karnataka Digital Economy Mission Office Launched
The office of the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) was inaugurated in Karnataka. ContentsHig...
RBI Digital Payments Index
The Reserve Bank of India recently released the Digital Payments Index to measure the growth in cash...
RBI to set new QR code rules to change payment picture of India
The Reserve Bank of India recently ordered payment system operators (PSO) from launching new proprie...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|