Union Cabinet approves establishment of new AIIMS at Gorakhpur
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for establishment of new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
It will be established under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) which aims at correcting imbalances in the availability of affordable healthcare facilities in different parts of country and also augmenting facilities for quality medical education in under-served states.
- The AIIMS, Gorakhpur will have a hospital with capacity of 750 beds which will include Emergency/Trauma Beds, AYUSH Beds, Super Speciality beds and Private Beds and ICU Speciality.
- In addition, it will have an Administration Block, Auditorium, AYUSH Block, Night Shelter, residential facilities and Hostels.
- The cost of project for establishment of the AIIMS Gorakhpur will be 1011 crore rupees. It does not include recurring costs (wages, salaries and operation & maintenance expenses).
- AIIMS will meet its recurring expenditure from their annual budgets through Grant-in-Aid provided from Plan Budget Head of PMSSY of Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The establishment of AIIMS, Gorakhpur will serve the dual purpose of providing super specialty health care to the population while creating a large pool of doctors and other health workers in this region.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY), AIIMS have been established in Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Patna.
- The work of AIIMS at Rae Bareli is in progress. Besides, three new AIIMS in Nagpur (Maharashtra), Kalyani (West) and Mangalagiri in Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) also have been sanctioned in 2015.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|