Tribal Minister inaugurates TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav
Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda inaugurated TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav at Dilli Haat on November 16, 2021 in New Delhi.
- The Aadi Mahotsav was launched in the presence of Sukhram Munda, who is the Grandson of Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- During the event, Sukhram Munda remembered the sacrifice and contributions of Bhagwan Birsa Munda. He noted that, his grandfather united the tribals in forest and fought for independence.
- On the occasion, olympic medalist Padma Vibhushan MC Mary Kom was selected as brand ambassador of the TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav.
- In the Mahotsav, 1000 tribal artisans will be participating from 26 states in the 15-day Aadi Mahotsav to showcase their products.
- Aadi Mahotsav is a celebration of the spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine, Craft, and Commerce.
- This event provides a platform to the tribal population to showcase their products.
- It also helps the artisans in connecting with the mainstream population.
- It acquaints people with and gives a peek into rich tribal culture and heritage.
- The event helps the underprivileged tribes in getting a bigger market to display and sell their arts and crafts.
Significance of Aadi Mahotsav
Aadi Mahotsav provides a direct connect between masses and tribal people. A significant feature of the event is “TRIBES India cuisines”, which are created and presented in delectable forms to suit urban taste by special tribal chefs.
TRIFED had organized 16 Aadi Mahotsav in 2019-20. Most recent Aadi Mahotsav was organised in New Delhi, in November 2020. The 2020 event was attended by 500+ artisans and they transacted business worth over Rs 20 Crores in two-week long festival.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|