Training launch of Prithvi-II missile successful
India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC) test fired its nuclear capable surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile for its full strike range of 350 km from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, off Odisha coast. The launch was part of regular training exercise.
- First missile to be developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP)
- Single-stage liquid fuelled
- Payload capacity- 500 to 1000 kg
- Range: 350km
- Variants: Prithvi I for Army, Prithvi II for Air Force and; Dhanush for the Navy
- Inducted into the SFC in 2003