Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 9 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 9, 2020.
- IRCTC to start 2 Bharat Darshan Special tourist trains from Tirunelveli (Tamil Nadu): 13-day Mahashivratri Nava Jyotirlinga Special Express on February 19 and 14-day Ramayana Yatra Special Express on March 5
- Facial recognition technology installed at Bengaluru, Manmad and Bhusawal stations as test cases to identify and nab criminals
- Cabinet approves conferring institution of national importance (INI) status to the cluster of Ayurveda institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University campus, Jamnagar
- ASCEND 2020 Global Investors Meet being organised by Kerala govt. in Kochi on January 9-10
- 31st International Kite Festival being organised in Ahmedabad from January 7 to 13
- Gujarat Govt. to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC) in the state
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- CCEA approves strategic disinvestment of equity shareholding of 4 central PSUs (MMTC, NMDC, MECON, BHEL) and 2 Odisha govt. PSUs (IPICOL and OMC) in Neelachal Ispat Nigam (NINL)
- CCEA approves 1656 km North East Gas Grid project of Indradhanush Gas Grid having an estimated cost of Rs 9265 crore
- M. Nagaraj appointed CMD of PSU Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO)
- SBI launches ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ (RBBG) scheme aimed at improve homebuyers’ confidence
HENLEY PASSPORT INDEX
- Japan has topped Henley Passport Index while Afghanistan is last (107th).
- A country’s ranking is based on the number of countries its holders can enter without prior visa approval.
- Japanese citizens can enter 191 countries while Afghan nationals can only travel to 26 countries without a visa.
- Kiev bound Ukraine International Airlines aircraft crashes shortly after take-off from Tehran killing all 176 people
- Selfie museum called Selfie Kingdom (TSK) inaugurated in Dubai
- Jasbinder Bilan wins 2019 Costa Children’s Award in UK for ‘Asha and the Spirit Bird’
- Spain: Pedro Sanchez of Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party takes oath as Prime Minister
- 936-km TurkStream line for transporting natural gas from Russia to Turkey inaugurated
- Pakistan’s Parliament (National Assembly and Senate) pass bills to give extension to Army chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa for three years
- India will be the guest of honour at the Paris Book Fair in March 2020
- Ladakh wins 7th National Ice Hockey Championship Women trophy in Leh
Category: Today's News Headlines