Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 27 October 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 27 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- UP govt. breaks its own Guinness World Record for the largest display of oil lamps by lighting 5.5 lakh diyas or earthen lamps in Ayodhya
- Odisha Govt. ties up with UNICEF to provide safe drinking water to every household under ‘Drink From Tap Mission’
- Birender Singh Yadav appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Iraq
- Nanammal, yoga teacher and 2018 Padma Shri awardee, dies in Coimbatore at the age of 99
- Disabled and people over 80 years of age can now cast their vote through postal ballot
- At present, voting through postal ballot is available to armed forces and those assigned poll duties.
- On the recommendation of the EC, the Law & Justice Ministry has amended the Conduct of Election Rules, 1961
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- World Bank President David Malpass calls on PM Modi and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Delhi
International Current Affairs
- Third International Day of Diplomats was celebrated in Madagascar’s capital Antananarivo on October 24
- Ministerial meeting of BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, China) countries on Climate Change held in Beijing on October 25-26
Sports Current Affairs
WISDEN INDIA AWARDS
- Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year awards were won by India’s Jasprit Bumrah and Smriti Mandhana, Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman, Sri Lanka’s Dimuth Karunaratne and Afghanistan Rashid Khan.
- Former Indian cricketers Gundappa Viswanath and Lala Amarnath inducted into the Wisden India Hall of Fame
- Wisden India Book of the Year won by ‘Cricket Country: The Untold History of the First All India Team’ by Prashant Kidambi
Category: Today's News Headlines