Top GKToday’s News Headlines – 23 OCTOBER 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 23 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Indian Army to conduct exercise codenamed ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ in the deserts of Rajasthan from Nov 29 to Dec 4.
- Bureaucrat Braj Raj Sharma appointed Chairman of Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Bureaucrat Pankaj Kumar appointed CEO of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Union Health Ministry to launch nationwide immunisation program under ‘Mission Indradhanush 2.0’ from December 2
- Deepika Padukone and P. V. Sindhu named ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ by PM Modi
- With registration of 3.1 lakh FIRs, UP topped the crime list in India accounting for 10.1% of total crimes in 2017: NCRB
- Ashok Malik, former press secretary to President, appointed policy advisor in the Ministry of External Affairs
- Actor Ayushmann Khurrana joins hands with UNICEF and Ministry of Women and Child Development to raise awareness against sexual abuse of children
- IAF conducts test firing of 300 km range BrahMos surface-to-surface missiles from a mobile platform in Andaman Nicobar Islands
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- BSE Sensex: 38,964 (–335), NSE Nifty: 11,590 (–72)
- Benelli launches Imperiale 400 motorcycle priced at Rs 1.69 lakh
- ITC launches world’s most expensive chocolate priced at Rs 4.3 lakh per kilogram under its Fabelle brand
International Current Affairs
- Liberal Party, led by Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wins 157 seats in 338-seat House of Commons
- President Kovind attends enthronement ceremony of Japan’s new Emperor Naruhito in Tokyo
Sports Current Affairs
- India (497/9 d) beat South Africa (162, 132) by an innings and 202 runs in third and final test at Ranchi on October 22, 2019, complete 3-0 whitewash.
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|