Top GKToday’s News Headlines – 22 OCTOBER 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 22 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Siachen area, world’s highest battlefield, now open to tourists: Defence Minister
- Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel launches E-Portal, YouTube Channel of Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT)
- UN World Food Programme (WFP) launches campaign ‘Feed Our Future’ against hunger and malnutrition in India
- Nepali officers begin training on ‘Anti Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism’ in India at the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN), Bengaluru
- AYUSH ministry signs MoU with the Defence ministry to provide traditional medicine services at the armed forces’ hospitals
- Pakistan has unilaterally stopped postal services to and from India after August 27: Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad
BRIDGE IN LADAKH INAUGURATED
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on October 21, 2019 inaugurated ‘Col Chewang Rinchen Setu’
- The strategically important bridge is over Shyok river in Ladakh region.
- The 430-meter-long bridge, built by Border Roads Organisation, connects Durbuk and Daulat Beg Oldie in Eastern Ladakh.
POLICE COMMEMORATION DAY
- Police Commemoration Day observed on October 21, 2019.
- The day is observed every year in memory of the policemen killed at Hot Springs in Ladakh by Chinese troops on this date in 1959.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Govt rolls out 6th tranche of Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) Scheme from October 21 to 25; fixes issue price at Rs 3835/gram
- Govt launches BHIM 2.0 with new functionalities, additional language support
- Members of US India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) led by Chairman John Chambers meets PM Modi in Delhi
International Current Affairs
- Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces withdraw from border town of Ras al Ain
Sports Current Affairs
- Raunak Sadhwani becomes India’s 65th chess Grandmaster at 13 years, nine months and 28 days
- Andy Murray wins men’s singles title at European Open tennis in Antwerp
DENMARK OPEN BADMINTON WINNERS
- Japan’s Kento Momota: men’s singles
- Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara: women’s singles
- Indonesia’s Marcus Fernaldi Gideon & Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo: men’s doubles
- South Korea’s Baek Ha-na & Jung Kyung-eun: women’s doubles
- Indonesia’s Praveen Jordan & Melati Daeva Oktavianti: mixed doubles
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|