Top GKToday’s News Headlines-2 April 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for 2 April, 2020
- India and China celebrate 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations on April 1
- HRD ministry directs CBSE to promote all class 1-8 students to next class
- Anyone who has resided in the J&K UT for 15 years or has studied for 7 years is a domicile: centre
- AP govt to buy MOM (Multi-feed Oxygen Manifold) developed by Navy for COVID-19 patients
- Utkala Dibasa celebrated in Odisha on April 1 to mark its formation as a separate state in 1936
- Karnataka CM B S Yediyurappa donates annual salary of Rs 24.10 lakh to the ‘Chief Minister’s Relief Fund COVID-19’
- National Investigation Agency to probe March 25 terror attack on a gurdwara in Kabul; its first overseas case
- First made-in-India testing kit for novel coronavirus named ‘Patho Detect’ launched at Mylab Discovery in Pune; developed by team led by virologist Minal Dakhave Bhosale
- RBI increases the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit for state governments and union territories by 30% till September 30
- WMA is a temporary liquidity arrangement with the central bank, which enables the centre and the states to borrow money up to 90 days from the RBI to tide over their liquidity mismatch.
- Relaxing the export norms, the RBI said exporters can now take 15 months to realise and repatriate their export proceeds, for exports made up to July 31.
- As per the normal rules, the exporters have to repatriate the export proceeds within 9 months.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- BSE Sensex loses 1,203 points or over 4 per cent to end at 28,265
- NSE’s Nifty ends at 8,254, down 344 points or 4 per cent
- Wipro, Azim Premji Foundation commit Rs 1,125 cr to tackle COVID-19 crisis
- Civil Aviation Ministry ‘Lifeline Udan’ flights supplied 37.63 tonnes of medical supplies across country till March 31 amid coronavirus lockdown
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres calls coronavirus pandemic as world’s biggest challenge since WWII
- 1977 Nobel Physics Prize winner Philip Anderson dies in US at 96; known for work on magnetism and superconductivity
Category: Today's News Headlines