Top GKToday’s News Headlines – 17 OCTOBER 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 17 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- -Nashri tunnel (9.2 km) that links Kashmir with Jammu on NH 44 will be named after Bharatiya Jansangh founder Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
- Malnutrition behind 69% deaths among children below 5 years in India: UNICEF’s State of the World’s Children Report
- Indian Army inducts American precision-guided Excalibur artillery ammunition for indigenous Dhanush howitzer
- 2nd edition of Indo-French Knowledge Summit to be held at University of Lyon in France on October 17-18
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) awards for excellence in biomedical research given to 46 scientists
FOOD SAFETY MITRA SCHEME
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Harsh Vardhan launches Food Mitra Scheme aimed at encouraging food vendors and people to maintain food hygiene. The scheme also aims to strengthen ‘Eat Right India’ movement.
- The Food Safety Mitra will be a professionally trained person with certification from FSSAI who would assist in compliances related to Food Safety and Standards Act.
- The Food Safety Mitra will have three avatars – Digital Mitra, Trainer Mitra and Hygiene Mitra.
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- India’s longest Chenani – BSE Sensex: 38,598.99 (+93), NSE Nifty: 11,471.55 levels (+43)
- Bajaj Auto launches Chetak e-scooter
- MasterCard, M S Dhoni launched ‘Team Cashless India’ campaign to boost digital payments in India
WORLD FOOD DAY
- World Food Day was celebrated on October 16
- The day marks the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1945.
- Theme for 2019: “Our Actions Are Our Future, Healthy Diets for A #ZeroHunger World”
Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2019
- India 102nd among 117 countries in Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2019, was 95th in 2018
- GHI Report prepared jointly by Irish aid agency Concern Worldwide and German organisation Welt Hunger Hilfe
International Current Affairs
- JSW Steel CMD Sajjan Jindal elected Vice-Chairman of World Steel Association (worldsteel)
Sports Current Affairs
- Barcelona captain Leonel Messi wins Golden Shoe for being the top scorer in the European leagues with 36 goals
Category: Today's News Headlines