Top GKToday’s News Headlines-15 January, 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for January 15, 2020.
- 4th Armed Forces Veterans Day observed on January 14; the retirement day of Field Marshal KM Cariappa in 1953
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa was the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces
- India and Bangladesh sign MoU to co-produce film on Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to be directed by Shyam Benegal
- Madhupur (Jharkhand) – Anand Vihar (Delhi) Humsafar Express started
- Lt General Girish Kumar reappointed as the Surveyor General of India for one year
- Captain Tania Shergil to be 1st woman parade adjutant on Army Day Parade on January 15; parade adjutant is responsible for executing the parade
- Himachal Pradesh: Tourism department sets Guinness Record by preparing largest quantity of Khichdi (1995 kg)
- Mizoram to celebrate Chapchar Kut festival on March 6
- More girls than boys getting enrolled in govt. schools in 4-8 years age-group: 14th Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)
- Shiv Nadar University’s Dr Mihir Shah appointed Chairman of the Committee to draft National Water Policy (NWP)
- PM participates in 50th Anniversary function of Tamil Magazine Thuglak at Chennai through Video Conference
- Draft National Policy for Rare Diseases released; govt. to provide up to Rs 15 lakh financial support under Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi scheme for one-time treatment of rare diseases
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Michael Debabrata Patra appointed Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of three years
- HousingForAll.com, e-commerce platform of NAREDCO (National Real Estate Development Council) for marketing of completed residential units, launched
- Knight Frank-FICCI-NAREDCO Real Estate Sentiment Index Q4 2019 survey released
- Jewellers can sell only hallmarked jewellery and artefacts made of 14, 18 and 22 carat gold from January 15, 2021 says Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan
- Wholesale inflation surges to an 8-month high of 2.59% in December due to sharp rise in food prices
- SEBI gives listed companies another two years to separate the positions of chairman and managing director
- Bajaj Auto launches Chetak electric scooter priced at Rs 1 lakh
8 WONDERS OF SCO
- India’s Statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been included in the list of eight wonders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
- SCO comprises India, China, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- The 182-metre-tall Statue of Unity is located near the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada in Kevadiya, Gujarat
- Other seven wonders of SCO: Daming Palace in China, Navruz Palace in Tajikistan, Mughals Heritage in Pakistan, Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan, Po-i-Kalan Complex in Uzbekistan, The Golden Ring of Russia and Lahore, the Mughals heritage in Pakistan.
- United States removes ‘currency manipulator’ label it imposed on China in 2019
- Australia (258/0 in 37.4) beat India (255/10 in 49.1) by ten wickets in the first ODI in Mumbai
- Barcelona FC tops Deloitte Football Money League with earnings of 840.8 million euros in 2018-19
Category: Today's News Headlines