Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 15 December 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 15 December 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- President hosts conference of 46 Heads of Central Universities and Institutes of Higher Learning at Rashtrapati Bhavan
NATIONAL GANGA COUNCIL
- PM chaired the first meeting of the National Ganga Council in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- The Council has been given overall responsibility for superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga Basin, including Ganga and its tributaries
RURAL JOB SCHEME AWARDS
- CM Mamata Banerjee said West Bengal has got the first prize in 100-day work programme for promoting livelihoods.
- State’s Bankura and Cooch Behar stood first and second respectively among districts in the country in implementation of the rural job scheme.
- Baburmahal GP (gram panchayat) of Kulpi, South 24 Paraganas also got the best performance award
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Star Labelling Programme for Solar Water Heater was launched by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) on National Energy Conservation Day (December 14)
International Current Affairs
- World Bank to give USD 406 million loan to Pakistan for Khyber Pass Economic Corridor project
CHILEAN AIR FORCE PLANE
- A Chilean Air Force Lockheed C-130 Hercules military transport aircraft found to have crashed on December 12 with no survivors.
- The aircraft went missing on December 9 while on a flight to a military base in Antarctica.
Sports Current Affairs
- Former US athlete Peter Snell, who won gold thrice at Olympic Games (800 m: 1960 Rome, 800 m & 1500 m: 1964 Tokyo), dies at 80
Category: Today's News Headlines