Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 14 December 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 14 December 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Winter Session of Parliament concludes: 14 Bills passed in Lok Sabha; 15 in the Rajya Sabha
- Military Literature Festival being organised in Chandigarh from December 13 to 15
- Japanese movie ‘They Say Nothing Stays the Same’ wins ‘Suvarna Chakoram’ (The Golden Crow Pheasant) award at International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) in Thiruvananthapuram
- Speaker of People’s Majlis of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed and Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid visit India
- India-Japan annual summit at Guwahati in December, involving PM Modi and Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe, postponed
- 6th Indian Ocean Dialogue organised in New Delhi on Dec 13 by MEA and the Indian Council for World Affairs (ICWA); theme: ‘Indo-Pacific: Re-imagining the Indian Ocean through an Expanded Geography’
- Delhi Dialogue XI being organised in New Delhi on Dec 13-14 by MEA and the Research and Information System (RIS) for Developing Countries; theme: ‘Advancing Partnership in Indo-Pacific’
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency celebrating National Energy Conservation Week from Dec 9 to 14; National Energy Conservation Day on Dec 14.
- India’s foreign exchange reserves rise to fresh record high of US$ 453.42 billion in the week ended December 6
- Moody’s Investors Service lowers India’s 2019 GDP growth forecast to 5.6%; expects growth to pick up in 2020 and 2021 to 6.6% and 6.7% respectively
- World Design Organization (WDO) to launch its World Design Protopolis in Bengaluru
- Porsche launches Cayenne Coupe at Rs 1.32 crore
7th ECONOMIC CENSUS
- Seventh Economic Census launched in the National Capital Territory of Delhi
- MoSPI (Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation) has tied up with CSC (Common Service Centre to conduct the Census.
- Delhi is the 26th state where the census has been launched, while the process is already on in 20 states and 5 UTs.
International Current Affairs
- Conservative Party of PM Boris Johnson wins majority in the 650-member House of Commons in UK general elections
- Former PM Abdelmadjid Tebboune wins Presidential election in Algeria
- Winners of Crystal Award announced by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Winners: Indian actress Deepika Padukone, China’s media personality Jin Xing, Chicago-based artist Theaster Gates and Australian artist Lynette Wallworth
- The Forbes’ ranking of 100 most powerful women in the world has been topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the ninth consecutive year.
- Indians in the list are: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman (34th), HCL Corporation CEO Roshni Nadar Malhotra (54th) and Biocon Founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (65th)
Sports Current Affairs
- ‘Mind Master: Winning Lessons from a Champion’s Life ‘, book written former world chess champion Viswanathan Anand and Susan Ninan, released
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|