Top GKToday’s News Headlines – 13 OCTOBER 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 13 October 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- India-Japan to organise Dharma Guardian military exercise in Mizoram from Oct 19 to Nov 2
- India to offer e-Tourist visa of a 5-year validity to Chinese tourists with multiple entries from October 2019
- Union Minister Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti inaugurates SARAS Aajeevika Mela in New Delhi: October 12-23
Xi JINPING VISIT
- Chinese President Xi Jinping was gifted a hand-woven portrait of his by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the final day of the 2-day Mamallapuram Informal Summit on October 12, 2019.
- The portrait was created by Sri Ramalinga Sowdambigai Handloom Weavers Co-operative Society in Sirumugaipudur in Coimbatore District.
- The two leaders discussed several key issues, including ways to enhance trade and investment and confidence building measures
Economy & Business Current Affairs
- India’s foreign exchange reserves rise US$ 4.24 billion to US$ 437.83 billion in the week ended October 4
International Current Affairs
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to lead Indian delegation at the Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) in Belgrade, Serbia from Oct 13 to Oct 17
- Mastercard, Visa quit Facebook’s global digital currency Libra
- Hollywood actor Robert Forster dies at the age of 78 in Los Angeles
- Typhoon Hagibis slams into Japan killing one
- Turkish forces have taken control of the Syrian border town of Ras al-Ain from Kurds
- Hazzaa al-Mansoori becomes UAE’s first astronaut to return to earth after stay at the International Space Station
World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day was observed by UNEP on October 12, 2019.
- This year’s theme is ‘Protect Birds: be the Solution to Plastic Pollution’.
- The day is observed on 2nd Saturday of October.
Sports Current Affairs
- Tajinder Pal Singh Toor breaks his national record in men’s shot put by throwing 20.92m (previous 20.75 m) in Ranchi
- Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge breaks 2-hour barrier (1 hr 59 min 40.2 sec) in men’s marathon on a specially prepared course in Vienna.
- Peter Gilchrist of Singapore wins men’s world billiards championship in the long-up format in Melbourne.
WORLD YOUTH CHESS
- The World Youth Chess Championship concluded in Mumbai on October 12, 2019 as India won 7 medals
- U18 Open: Praggnanandhaa R. (IND) 9.0; Shant Sargsyan (ARM) 8.5; Artur Davtyan (ARM) 8.0
- U18 Girls: Polina Shuvalova (RUS) 8.5; Vantika Agrawal (IND) 8.0; Alexandra Obolentseva (RUS) 7.5
- U16 Open: Rudik Makarian (RUS) 8.5; Stefan Pogosyan (RUS) 8.0; Aronyak Ghosh (IND) 8.0
- U16 Girls: Leya Garifullina (RUS) 8.5; Nurgali Nazerke (KAZ) 8.5; Anousha Mahdian (IRI) 8.0
- U14 Open: Aydin Suleymanli (AZE) 9.0; Srihari L R (IND) 8.0; Sreeshwan Maralakshikari (IND) 8.0
- U14 Girls: Meruert Kamalidenova (KAZ) 8.5; Divya Deshmukh (IND) 8.0; Rakshitta Ravi (IND) 8.0.
WOMEN’S WORLD BOXING
- AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships being held at Ulan-Ude, Russia from October 3 to 13
- India’s Jamuna Boro wins bronze medal in 54kg after losing to Chinese Taipei’s Huang Hsiao-Wen in the semifinal bout of the
- India’s Mary Kom wins bronze in 51 kg after losing in semifinal to Turkey’s Busenaz Cakiroglu
- India’s Lovlina Borgohain wins bronze in 69kg after losing in semifinal to China’s Yang Liu
Category: Today's News Headlines