Telangana inks MoU with ISRO to promote education
The Telangana government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to promote education.
The MoU was inked between Department of Information Technology, Electronics & Communication of Telangana and ISRO’s Development & Educational Communication Unit (DECU).
- Under the MoU, ISRO will help to improve services of Telangana’s educational channel ‘Mana TV’ by using Satcom.
- Both parties will work together to create and disseminate educational content so that it reaches the entire population of the state.
- It will help Mana TV channel to start coaching classes for those appearing for Group II services examination of the Telangana Public Service Commission (TPSC).
- The channel will telecast daily a four-hour programme for candidates preparing for the examination.
- Later, Mana TV will also launch similar coaching programmes for the students preparing for various competitive examinations.
Mana TV: It was started by then undivided Andhra Pradesh state in 2006 to provide programmes on distance education, agriculture extension and telemedicine under different channels with help of ISRO.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|