Telangana declares 2020 as Year of Artificial Intelligence
The government of Telangana has declared 2020 as the “Year of Artificial Intelligence”. The government will undertake multiple programs and activities to commemorate the declaration.
Events to Celebrate the Year of Artificial Intelligence
- As part of the declaration, the government will organise various activities related to the emerging technology of Artificial Intelligence.
- The government agencies will hold hackathons and meetings all around the year. They will make available the data sets to companies to run algorithms and address the pressing problems in administration.
- The government of Telangana has also partnered with NITI Aayog, which has come out with the ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’. The Niti Aayog will run pilot projects in Telangana.
- The IT industry body National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is setting up a Centre of Excellence in Data Sciences and AI in the state of Telangana. This is expected to start its activities in 2020.
- IIT, Kharagpur which is setting up its regional centre in the state would take up the first programme in AI.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is aimed at the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans. In artificial intelligence, the machines are designed to undertake activities such as speech recognition, learning, problem-solving, decision making etc.
The arena of Artificial Intelligence is categorized as weak and strong. The Weak Artificial intelligence, also known as narrow Artificial Intelligence is a system designed and trained for a particular task. For example Virtual personal assistants, such as Apple’s Siri.
Strong Artificial Intelligence, also known as artificial general intelligence, is an AI system with generalized human cognitive abilities which can outperform humans at nearly every cognitive task.
Topics: Academic disciplines • Artificial general intelligence • Artificial intelligence • Computational neuroscience • Emerging technologies • Hybrid Intelligence • Intelligence • NITI Aayog • Outline of artificial intelligence • Technology • Telangana • Weak AI
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|