Successful trial of train between Jaynagar in India and Kurtha in Nepal undertaken
On July 18, 2021, successful trial of movement of train was undertaken between Jaynagar in India and Kurtha in Nepal.
- The length of the rail section is 34.50 and this is the first section of the rail line links between the two countries which connects Kurtha in the Mahottari district of Nepal to Jaynagar in the Madhubani district of Bihar.
- The total cost for this rail section is 619 crores.
- IRCON has set up the The Jayanagar – Kurtha Railway under the India – Nepal friendship rail project which was financed by the Indian government.
Announcement by East Central Railway
- Rajesh Kumar, East Central Railway’s Chief Public Relations officer has said that, after fulfilling some technical and other formalities between the two countries, the train movement on this section will start soon.
- The 34 km rail line which is remaining will be built in two phases.
- The second section which is 17 km long will link Kurtha and Bhangaha.
- The 17 km long third phase will extend from Bhangaha to Bardibas.
- Two modern DEMU trains have been delivered by the Indian Railways to Nepal for the Jayanagar-Kurtha railway link.
Ircon International or Indian Railway Construction Limited (IRCON) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways and a construction & engineering corporation which specializes in infrastructure used for transport. The subsidiary was established in the year 1976 with the primary aim of construction of various railway projects in India as well as abroad. At present, Ircon has successfully completed over 1650 major infrastructure projects in India and over 900 major projects around the world in 31 countries. M. K Singh is the current chairman of Ircon.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|