SRESHTA Scheme: Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas
The Government of India is to launch SRESTHA Scheme for the Scheduled Caste students. The scheme will provide quality residential education to the students.
- The scheme is to be implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- It targets the meritorious students of Scheduled Caste. It will also help to control the drop out of students from courses 9 to 12.
- The scheme will provide high quality residential schooling.
- To implement the scheme, NITI Aayog has recognized reputed non – public residential facilities in aspirational districts.
- The GoI has estimated that the scheme implementation will require Rs 300 crores.
- The scheme is expected to help more than 24,800 students in next five years.
Scheme to be launched on Mahaparinirvan Divas
The death anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar, the Father of Indian Constitution, is celebrated as Mahaparinirvan Divas in the country. It falls on December 6. The SRESHTA Scheme is to be launched on this day.
Scheme a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
The scheme is to be launched as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. It is a GoI initiative to celebrate 75 years of independence. The celebrations under the programme was started in March 2021 and it is to go on till 15th August 2022
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|