Short Note : Healthcare in India
To improve the quantity and quality of primary healthcare in the country, India will have over 40,000 Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs). India currently has 19,000 AB-HWCs operational throughout the country. These facts were part of the information provided by the Union Minister of Health to the Rajya Sabha.
What are AB-HWCs?
- The AB-HWCs are primary healthcare centers which are supported by the government.
- Their establishment is to strengthen the primary health centers (PHCs) for both promotive and preventive health care.
- As per the government’s vision, AB-HWCs will provide an expanded range of healthcare services which will include care for non-communicable diseases and care for maternal and child health, including immunization and communicable diseases.
- The AB-HWCs will also act as centers for disease prevention and for healthcare promotion.
- They will also promote wellness activities like Yoga.
- Services at AB-HWCs will be free and accessible to all.
Other snippets about Ayushman Bharat
Under the Ayushman Bharat scheme, State governments are allowed to empanel hospitals in their jurisdiction to provide healthcare facilities. Currently, nearly 16000 hospitals have been empaneled in this scheme.
Out of 33 states and union territories, only Delhi, Odisha and Telangana have not yet signed the MoU for hospital empanelment.
For the convenience of patients, 1,393 benefit packages along with their rates have been put in place for usage in the empanelled hospitals.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|