Short Note : E-Visa Scheme
The Union Government of India initiated the e-Visa scheme in 2014 to enable a prospective foreign tourist/visitor to apply for an Indian Visa from his/her home country online without visiting the Indian Mission and also pay the visa fee online.
Features of the E-Visa Scheme-
- The e-Visa has been sub-divided into 5 categories for tourism(e-tourist visa), business (e-Business visa), medical visit (e-Medical visa), attending educational/industrial meets (e-Conference) and for a person accompanying a patient (e-Medical Attendant).
- This visa is not valid for any other purpose/activities apart from the sub-categories listed.
- This scheme has been extended to 166 Countries/Territories.
- The applicants of these eligible countries/territories must apply online minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days.
- Only 28 Indian airports and 5 Indian Ports have been designated for providing e-visa service and serve as ports of entry for the people with e-visas.
The e-Visa facility is aimed to encourage people to travel to India with short-term planning, take via routes while traveling to other countries and bring family members while on business visits.
It will help in developing India as an international medical tourism hotspot.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|