‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ launched
Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan and tribal affairs minister Arjun Munda jointly launched ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ on July 16, 2021.
- This scheme was launched for 50,000 school teachers.
- It will be implemented from July 20.
Who designed the programme?
School Innovation Ambassador Training Programme was designed by innovation cell of education ministry and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) for school teachers for first time.
School Innovation Ambassador Training Program
- This Programme will provide training to teachers from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)- affiliated schools including Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas, and Eklavya Residential Model Schools in India.
- Similar programme is run by AICTE for teachers in higher education.
- Teachers will be trained in online mode only for a duration of two months.
- Training will be provided in five modules to encourage innovation and creativity among school students.
- Five modules include- entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property rights, product development, design thinking and idea generation etc.
- 40 trainers have been tasked with the work to train teachers.
Skill Development course by CBSE
CBSE is first board in world that introduced artificial intelligence which is a skill development course launched from 2019 for students from Class 8. The design thinking subjects was introduced in 2021. CBSE has now converged with AICTE to promote sustainable innovation environment in schooling system.
All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
AICTE is a statutory body and a national-level council for technical education. It was established in November 1945 as an advisory body under Department of Higher Education. In 1987, it was given statutory status by an Act of Parliament. It is involved in proper planning and coordinated development of technical education & management education system across India.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|