Sanjay Gupta appointed CMD of Konkan Railway Corporation
Sanjay Gupta has been appointed as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL).
He is ex-Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME) officer. With this appointment he becomes youngest ever officer to be appointed as CMD of KRCL.
Prior to his elevation, he was working as director (operating and commercial) of Konkan Railway from 2013. Besides he was also looking after the post of CMD after superanuation of the previous incumbent B P Tayal in November 2015.
About Sanjay Gupta
- Sanjay Gupta has a rich experience of more than 30 years as a mechanical officer of Indian Railways.
- He has worked on several prestigious and coveted posts as well as on various assignments over the Railways.
- Prior to his posting as director (operations and commercial) of Konkan Railway, he has also worked as chief mechanical engineer on Konkan Railway.
- He has pivotal role in bringing tremendous improvements in all spheres of working on Konkan Railway.
About Konkan Railway Corporation (KRC)
- KRC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways (IR). It is headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai.
- It operates the Konkan Railways (741km line connecting western Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka), a subsidiary zone of the Indian Railways.
- The company started its full operations of trains in January 1998 and the first passenger train on Konkan railway ran in March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016