- Project: Rupaantar (Transformation)
- Implemented by: Oil India Ltd and the State institute of Rural Development, Assam
- Place: Assam
In Assam, the project “Rupaantar” (Transformation) has been able to bring a social and economic transformation in the operational areas of Oil India Ltd. Specially in Dibrugarh and Tinsukia district. The project is being collaboratively implemented by the Oil India Ltd and the State institute of Rural Development, Assam.
The project is aimed at eradicating poverty through income generating activities by social mobilization and capacity building among the rural people. In just 9 years the project “Rupaantar” is now being considered as a landmark of rural development initiatives across the country.
- The principle objective of the project was to assist the unemployed youth and women to find out alternate source of income
- To attain this goal the Oil India Ltd signed an MoU with the State Institute of Rural Development (SIRD).
- Under this project Self Help Groups (SHGs) are developed and SIRD imparts these groups the required training and technical assistance whereas the OIL helps them in the form of revolving fund and margin money.
- The focus of the project is to develop agro-based industries, diversify handloom products, poultry farming, pig breeding, duck rearing, fishery, sericulture, organic farming etc.
Till date over 2000 SHGs have been set up and a large number among them are getting financial aid from various banks.
This joint project of OIL and SIRD has not only helped in enhancing the income level of the rural people but also built a good rapport between authorities and the beneficiaries.
Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided...
Assam Elephants Death-Report indicates Lighting
Around eighteen Asian elephants died in Nagaon district of Assam recently. It is a proposed reserve ...
Putola Nach- Puppetry Art-form of Assam
A trust based in Assam recently made videos using the traditional art called “Putola Nach”. The ...
Bohag Bihu Bird Count 2021 begins
On April 14, 2021, the Bohag Bihu Bird count began in Assam. The Bohag Bihu Bird count was launched ...
PM FME Scheme: Ministries Converge
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries, earlier launched an all India Pradhan Mantri Formalizati...
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|