"RoboBee" – Bee-size Robot developed
Harvard University researchers have successfully taken first flight of bee sized robot named as ‘RoboBee’- which is less than tenth of gram in weight.
Objective of development:
- Able to sense and act like a bee which is helpful for insect flight study.
- Encourage unique methods for designing and building an electronic surrogate nervous system which enhances adaptability to changing environments.
- Develop independent pollination in flower husbandry.
- Harvard’s School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology
- Harvard and North-eastern University’s Department of Biology
- Centeye, a microelectronics firm in Washington, D.C.
- Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2013
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|