Report on UDISE 2019-20 for School Education launched
Union minister of education, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank released Unified District Information System for Education Plus report (UDISE+) for 2019-2020. UDISE+ report highlighted some interesting facts, both positive and negative about Indian school education system.
What is UDISE+ report?
UDISE+, launched in 2018-2019, is the largest Management Information Systems on school education. It covers 1.5 million schools, 8.5 million teachers and 250 million children. It was launched for speeding up data entry, reducing errors, improving data quality and easing its verification. It is an advanced and improved version of UDISE which was launched in 2012-2013 by integrating DISE for elementary education & SEMIS for secondary education.
Significance of UDISE+
It helps in measuring education parameters across classes 1 to 12 in government as well as private schools in India. It provides timely and accurate data for an effective planning and decision-making.
Key findings of report
- As per report, total enrolment in 2019-20 was about 25.09 crores in primary to higher secondary levels of school education.
- Enrolment of boys was 13.01 crore while that of girls was 12.08 crore.
- Enrolment number has increased by 26 lakhs as compared to data of 2018-19.
- About 26.45 crore students were enrolled in school education from pre-primary to higher secondary in 2019-20. This number has increased by 42.3 lakh as compared to 2018-2019.
- Enrolment of girls has increased at all levels of school education in 2019-20 against 2018-19.
What was Pupil-teacher ratio?
Pupil-Teacher Ratio is defined as “the average number of pupils per teacher, teaching at specific level of education in a given school year. As per the report, Pupil-Teacher Ratio has increased at all levels of school education in 2019-2020 as against 2012-2013.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|