RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan awarded 2016 Central Banker of the Year Award
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for year 2016.
The award has been bestowed upon him by the The Banker, a monthly publication of Financial Times Group. This award celebrates the officials and bankers who have best managed to stimulate growth and stabilise their country’s economy.
About Raghuram Rajan
- Raghuram Rajan is incumbent and 23 Governor of RBI and had taken charge in September 2013.
- Prior to becoming RBI Governor, he was chief economic adviser (CEA) to Union Ministry of Finance in 2013.
- He was chief economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from 2003 to 2007. He also was professor of finance at the graduate business school at the University of Chicago.
- He is also a celebrity economist known across the globe for predicting the 2008 global meltdown. He has authored many books on economics.
- Awards and Honours: Fischer Black Prize (2003), Deutsche Bank Prize (2013) and Best Central Bank Governor award (2014).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|