Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog announces Online Exam
The Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog recently announced that it is to conduct a National-level “Gau-Vigyan” (Cow Science) online exam. This is being done to generate interest among the students and public about the indigenous cow and its benefits.
About the Exam
- The exam is to be held on February 25, 2021.
- All students of primary, secondary and college level can participate in te exam without any fee.
- The exam is to be held every year starting from 2021.
- The exam is first of its kind in the country.
- All the participants of the exam are to be provided with certificates and the exam results will be declared immediately after the exam.
- The Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog has prepared a study material on cow science to help the exam aspirants.
What is the significance of the exam?
The exam will infuse curiosity to all Indians about cows and make them aware of the business opportunities and unexplored potential a cow can offer after it stops giving milk.
What is Rastriya Kamadhenu Aayog?
The Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog was constituted to organize animal husbandry in lines of modern and scientific approaches. It will take steps to improve cow breeds, prohibit cow slaughtering. It functions as an integral part of Rashtriya Gokul Mission.
What are the functions of Rashtriya Kamadhenu Aayog?
- It will review existing policies, laws and suggest optimum economic utilization of cow wealth.
- It will guide and advise state and central governments on policy matters concerned to protection, conservation, development and welfare of cows.
- It will promote schemes that encourage use of organic manures. Also, it will promote schemes that provide incentives for use of cow urine, cow dung in organic manure.
- It will provide solutions to problems related to abandoned cows.
What is Rashtriya Gokul Mission?
The mission aims to conserve and develop indigenous bovine breeds. It was launched in 2014 under the National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Dairy Development.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs