Punjab bans Online Food Delivery without Hygiene Rating
The Punjab government has decided to make it mandatory for all online food aggregators to ensure that food supplied by them should compulsorily have hygiene rating as per Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) guidelines.
- Reason: The online food order and door to door delivery mechanism of food supply has created a physical disconnect between consumers and the food maker. Therefore, the onus of ensuring quality of food and that conditions under which food is prepared are hygienic has shifted to the intermediate food delivery mechanism.
- About: Keeping this in mind, Punjab government has issued a direction to all online aggregators that all the online order and supply companies should display hygiene rating of all food business operators registered or affiliated with them.
- Measures: Punjab’s Food and Drug Administration has sensitized companies operational in Punjab including Zomato, Swiggy, Uber Eats and Food Panda on the issue and also directed them to get the hygiene rating done of all the food business operators (FBO’s) registered with them.
- Condition: The terms put forward includes that only those FBO’s who are at higher level of hygiene rating (bearing 3 or more smilies), should be allowed to supply food under the online food orders-delivery mechanism.
About Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- It is an autonomous body established in 2011 under the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. It is responsible for protecting and promoting public health via regulations and supervisions of food safety.
- It is headed by a non-executive Chairperson who is appointed by Central Government.
PM orders Audit of Ventilators provided by the Centre
On May 15, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered an audit of ventilators provided by the Ce...
Punjab to join COVAX facility
The Punjab Government recently announced that it is to join COVAX facility in order to increase its ...
Large Area Certification (LAC) Scheme of PGS-India- A&N gets certification
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare recently announced that around 14,491 hectares of lan...
MP approved Penal Law (Madhya Pradesh Amendment) Bill, 2021
Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has approved the “Penal Law (Madhya Pradesh Amendment) Bill, 2021” on Feb...
FSSAI Caps Trans Fats in Foods
Recently, rules have been amended by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to put...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|