Prime Minister Launches National Animal Disease Control Programme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Animal Disease Control Programme (NACDP) at Mathura of Uttar Pradesh.
National Animal Disease Control Programme
- The National Animal Disease Control Programme is aimed at controlling and eradicating the Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis amongst the livestock in the country.
- The programme involves a 100 per cent funding from the centre. The government will spend Rs 12,652 Crores for a period of five years till 2024.
- The programme is aimed at vaccinating over 500 Million Livestock against the Foot and Mouth Disease.
- The programme also aims at controlling the Brucellosis disease by 2025 and their eradication by 2030 by vaccinating 36 Million Female Bovine Calves annually in its fight against the Brucellosis disease.
- The National Animal Disease Control Programme will drive the nation into a mission mode to save and nurture livestock which is the most valuable source of additional income for Indian Farmers. This will give a boost to the government’s effort to double the farmer’s income.
Foot and Mouth Disease
Foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) is a severe, highly contagious viral disease of cattle and swine. The disease is caused by about seven types of viruses and each produces the same symptoms and it is distinguishable only in the laboratory.
Brucellosis Disease is a bacterial disease which can infect both humans and animals. The disease often spreads when people eat contaminated food such as raw meat and unpasteurized milk. The bacteria also be spreads through the air or contact with an open wound.
Prime Minister during his visit to Uttar Pradesh also launched National Artificial Insemination Programme and a simultaneous countrywide workshop in all the Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) on vaccination and disease management, Artificial Insemination and Productivity.
Topics: Agricultural health and safety • Animal diseases • Animal virology • Brucella • Brucellosis • FMD • Food law • Foot-and-mouth disease • Health • Krishi Vigyan Kendra • Rhizobiales • Veterinary medicine
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|