Primacy to Kannadigas in jobs of the Private Sector
The government of Karnataka had amended the rules to give primacy to Kannadigas in jobs under Group C and D category in the private sector.
Primacy for Kannadigas in Jobs of Private Sector
- The state government has decided to amend the Karnataka Industrial Employment (Standing Orders), Rules, 1961, to implement the Sarojini Mahishi report which recommended granting primacy for the Kannadigas in the private sector jobs.
- The Karnataka cabinet has also decided to constitute district-level committees headed by the deputy commissioners to accept complaints if companies fail to comply.
- The government would be incorporating the provisions to withdraw government concessions to the firms on non-compliance.
Sarojini Mahishi Report
The Karnataka government had formed a committee headed by former union minister Sarojini Mahishi in 1983 to recommend job opportunities for Kannadigas in Karnataka. The important recommendations of the committee included:
- 100 per cent reservation for Kannadigas in all state government departments and PSUs.
- 100 per cent reservation for Kannadigas for Group C and D jobs in Central government departments and PSUs.
- A minimum 80 per cent reservation for Kannadigas for Group B jobs in Central government departments and PSUs
- 65 per cent reservation for Kannadigas for Group A jobs in Central government departments and PSUs.
- All jobs in the private sector to be reserved for Kannadigas barring, if necessary, senior/skilled positions.
The report had become a tool for local organisations which were insisting all jobs in Karnataka to be provided for locals.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|