Presidents confers Outstanding Parliamentarian Awards on five MPs
President Ram Nath Kovind has conferred Outstanding Parliamentarian Awards on five Members of Parliament.
- Dr Najma Heptulla: She is former Rajya Sabha MP. She was selected for this award for the year 2013.
- Hukumdev Narayan Yadav: He is Lok Sabha MP. He was selected for this award for the year for 2014.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad: He is Rajya Sabha and was selected for this award for the year for 2015. He is leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha representing Congress party.
- Dinesh Trivedi: He is Lok Sabha MP and was selected for 2016.
- Bhartruhari Mahatab: He is Lok Sabha MP and was selected for 2017. He is Biju Janata Dal (BJD) leader.
Outstanding Parliamentarian Award
The award was established in 1992 by Shivraj Patil who was then Speaker of Lok Sabha. Indian Parliamentary Group selects outstanding sitting Member of Parliament after considering his/her overall contribution in Parliament. The award is aimed to motivate elected representatives to work better.
Oscar Awards Postponed to April 25
Due to the disruption caused by COVID 19 in the film industry many of the release dates of films in ...
Tamil Nadu girl appointed UNADAP Goodwill Ambassador
M Nethra, from Madurai, Tamil Nadu, has been appointed as the United Nations Association for Develop...
Abel Prize, 2020 to Hillel Frustenberg and Gregory Margulis
The Norwegian Academy of Science is to award the Abel Prize for the year 2020 to the two great mathe...
Nari Shakti Puraskar
On International Women’s Day, the President gave away the Nari Shakti Puraskar to 15 women, the ol...
Business Line Changemaker Awards 2020 held in New Delhi
During the Business Line Changemaker Awards 2020 at New Delhi, Indian athlete Dutee Chand was awarde...
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|