President Patil to Unveil New Logo for Rashtrapati Bhavan’s Green Initiative, Roshni
What is “Roshni”?
- A green innovative concept with a vision to turn all urban habitats eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Concept evolved at the behest of the President of India, which encompasses environment management and empowerment of local communities to create eco-friendly sustainable urban habitats via participation of stakeholders and union of partnership programmes.
- Started on July 25, 2008, the programme aims to make the President’s Estate a model in green, energy efficient and zero waste model township for all other habitats across India.
- Conserve water and promote its reuse and recycling.
- Conserve energy and encourage use of new and renewable sources of energy.
- Improve waste management systems and to promote the 3 R’s viz; Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Control air & noise pollution.
- Expand Green cover and conserve biodiversity.
- Make residents of urban habitats more responsive to eco-friendly life styles.
Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided...
Zero Waste is a comprehensive waste management approach involving prevention of waste generation and...
All DISCOMS to comply Energy Conservation Act, 2001
The Ministry of Power, Government of India has released an official notification that mandates all t...
Indian Teenager Udit Singhal named in UN List of 2020 Class of Young Leaders for SDG
On September 18, 2020, the United Nations named an 18-year-old Indian teenager in the list of 2020 C...
Earth Hour: A Symbolic Movement of “Lights OFF” to save environment
Since 2007, every year million participate in the campaign called “Earth Hour” on March 28. The ...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|