Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana
In a landmark decision, the government has decided to launch a pension scheme for farmers under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana.
About the Scheme
- The scheme aims to provide small and marginal farmers with a minimum fixed pension of Rs 3,000 per month on attaining the age of 60.
- It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme for small and marginal farmers across the country, with the entry age of 18-40 years.
- The government will match the contribution made by the eligible farmer in the pension fund.
- The spouse of the beneficiary will be entitled to receive 50 per cent of the pension amount, provided he/she is not already a beneficiary of the scheme.
- During the initial phase, the government will cover a minimum of 5 crore small and marginal farmers in the first three years.
- The scheme is expected to cost Rs 10,774.5 crore per annum to the exchequer.
The benefits under PM- KISAN scheme will come handy for the making contribution under the pension scheme for the small and marginal farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman ...
National Climate Vulnerability Report
The Department of Science and Technology recently launched the National Climate Vulnerability Report...
Two Years of PM KISAN Scheme- Highlights
The flagship scheme of the central government, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) has comp...
Jharkhand’s Farm Loan Waiver Scheme
The Jharkhand Cabinet recently approved a loan waiver up to Rs 50,000 for 9.07 lakh farmers. The cab...
PM Kisan Scheme
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to release Rs 18,000 crores under Pradhan Mantri-Kisan Samman Ni...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|