PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of AIIMS and fertiliser plant in Gorakhpur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and revival of fertilizer factory plant in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
The fertilizer factory plant belongs to the Fertiliser Corporation India Ltd (FCIL) and was lying idle since 1990s. It would be revived through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) of public sector units (PSUs) at an estimated cost of 6,000 crore Rupees.
NTPC, Coal India Limited (CIL) and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) have formed a joint venture in this regard. The plant is expected to offer 3,000-4,000 jobs to skilled workforce in the state and will also ensure easy availability of urea to farmers.
- The establishment of new AIIMS in Gaurakhpur will serve the dual purpose of providing super-specialty health care to the population.
- Besides, it will also create a large pool of doctors and health workers that can be available for primary and secondary level facilities being created under National Health Mission (NHM).
- The hospital at AIIMS will have a capacity of 750 beds and will also include emergency or trauma and AYUSH sections.
- The AIIMS will be set up under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) which aims at correcting the regional imbalances in availability of affordable and reliable tertiary level healthcare in the country.
- PMSSY also seeks to augment facilities for quality medical education in backward states.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016