PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY) is a new old-age pension scheme which was announced by the Central Government for the social welfare of all landholding Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) in the country.
What is PM-KMY?
- The PM-KMY is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme which aims to tap all Small and Marginal farmers in the country between the ages of 18 to 40 years.
- The PM-KMY will be a central sector scheme which will be effective from the 9th August 2019.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide old-age pension cover to farmers and aims to improve the lives of all financially strained farmers of the country.
- The PM-KMY Scheme is voluntary and contributory for farmers in the age group of 18 to 40 years who will be provided a monthly pension of Rs. 3000/- after the age of 60 years.
- The farmers enrolling for this scheme will have to contribute between Rs. 55 to Rs. 200. The quantum of contribution will depend on the age of entry by the farmers.
- The monthly contributions will have to be made on the same day every month as the day of their enrollment.
- For the sake of their convenience, the beneficiaries may choose to pay their contributions on quarterly, 4-monthly or half-yearly basis. However, all such contributions will have to be paid on the same day of such period as the date of enrollment.
- The central government will make an equal contribution of the same amount towards the pension.
- The spouse is also eligible to get a separate pension of Rs. 3000/- upon making a separate contribution to the fund.
Who implements PM-KMY?
the Implementation body for this scheme will be the Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC) which will also act as the pension manager and will be made responsible for pension payout.
Robo Plant: Technology to interact with plants
The scientists from Singapore have developed a technology to interact with plants. The technology ha...
Rs 90000 Cr Sanctioned under Kisan Credit Card Scheme to the Farmers
As per the information provided by the Finance Minister, banks have sanctioned total amount of Rs 89...
Madhu Babu Pension Scheme to be extended to Transgenders in Odisha
The Odisha Government has decided to include the transgender community as well within the ambit of M...
Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel even with Service of Less than 10 years Approved by Govt.
The government has taken the decision that invalid pension for the armed forces will now be extended...
What is KisanRath?
KisanRath is a mobile app developed by the National Informatics Centre to help farmers and traders i...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|