PM inaugurates Three Petroleum Sector Projects
Three key projects related to the Petroleum Sector in Bihar has been dedicated to the Nation by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi through video conference on September 13, 2020.
- The three projects include-
- Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project
- LPG Bottling Plants in East Champaran and
- LPG Bottling Plants in Banka.
- The Bottling Plants will empower the Atmanirbhar Bihar by meeting the rising demand for LPG in the state.
- The combined capacity of the LPG Bottling Plants of East Champaran and Banka is 80 thousand cylinders per day.
- These plants have been commissioned by Indian Oil and HPCL under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The Banka Plant will serve several districts in Bihar including Bhagalpur, Banka, Jamui, Araria, Kishanganj and Katihar.
- The Banka Plant will also serve Godda, Deoghar, Dumka, Sahibganj and Pakur districts in Jharkhand.
- Cost of Banka Plant is 131.75 crore rupees.
East Champaran plant
- It will serve over five lakh consumers in East and West Champaran, Muzaffarpur, Siwan, Gopalganj and Sitamarhi
- It will also serve Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh.
- Cost of East Champaran Plant is 136.4 crore rupees.
- Gas based industry and petro connectivity will boost the development in Bihar and Eastern India.
- 900 crore petro projects will also provide job opportunities.
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|