PM inaugurates development projects in Jammu and Kashmir
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various development works during his visit to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The developmental works include:
- Laying of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora.
- Laying of the foundation stone of northern regional centre campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Launching of the University of Ladakh, which will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state.
- Launching of various projects under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Laying of the foundation stones for three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Declaration of 100-per cent electrification of households in Jammu and Kashmir under the central government’s Saubhagya Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone for 624-MW Kiru hydroelectric project in Kishtwar which is a run-of-the-river project across the Chenab.
- Inaugurating the 9-MW Dah hydroelectric project.
- Inauguration of the 220-KV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
- Inauguration of the 400-KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1,640-metre span double-lane bridge over the Chenab river in Sajwal.
Many of these projects are undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|