PM-CARES for Children Scheme
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, launched a PM-CARES for Children scheme for children orphaned due to COVID-19. As per data, about 577 children have lost their parents till date.
Measures under the scheme include free education, creation of Rs 10 lakh corpus for each child- to be given to them at the age of 23. Prime Minister emphasized, children represent future of the country and India will do everything to support and protect them.
About PM-CARES for Children scheme
- Children who lost either parents or surviving parents or legal guardians or adoptive parents due to COVID-19 disease, will be supported through PM-CARES fund.
- Under the PM-CARES scheme, contribution will be made through PM CARES Fund till they attain age of 18 years. Contribution will help in creating a corpus of Rs 10 lakh for them
- They will be given a monthly stipend for five years starting from 18 years till 23 years to fulfil their personal requirements.
- After they will attain 23 years of age, they will be given full amount of Rs 10 lakh to use it professionally or personally.
- Scheme will ensure free education for such kids by giving them admissions in nearest Kendriya Vidyalayas or private schools fees for which will be given from PM CARES fund.
- Provisions are there for educating kids between 11 to 18 years in residential schools like Sainik Schools and Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- All expenditure concerned with child’s education such as expenditure on notebooks, textbooks and uniform will be made through PM CARES Fund.
- Students going for higher education will be given education loans for which PM CARES will pay interest and scholarships.
- They will also be enrolled under Ayushman Bharat Scheme to provide them health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh till 18 years. Premium will be made by PM CARES Fund
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|