Peace Process in Tripura
The National Liberation Front of Tripura is a Tripuri nationalist militant organization. It is currently operating in Tripura and has a field strength of 550 to 850 members.
The NLFT is currently designated as a terrorist organization in India and most of its leadership is Christain.
What has happened?
- After over 4 years after the initiation of dialogue with the insurgents, the Central Government of India was able to sign a Memorandum of Settlement (MoS) with the last remaining armed faction of the National Liberation Front of Twipra (NLFT).
- As per the agreement, 88 members of NLFT will surrender.
- Under the terms of the agreement reached in the MoS, the surrendering insurgents will receive benefits of the surrender-cum-rehabilitation scheme announced by the Government.
What was the NLFT?
- The insurgent group NLFT was formed in 1989 to demand a separate tribal homeland in Tripura.
- It had waged an armed insurgency war for 20 years and for over two decades causing mass mayhem in the state.
- However, the Indian Government was interested in seeking a peaceful resolution to the conflict and since 2015, had been trying for the same.
African Swine Fever in the North East
The African Swine Fever has stuck Meghalaya. Earlier, it had struck Mizoram. ContentsCurrent Scenari...
National Bamboo Mission: MIS Module launched
The National Bamboo Mission recently launched the Management Information System to strengthen the do...
Tigray Crisis: Ethiopia adds TPLF, OLF Shene to terror list
The Ethiopian Government has recently added the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) and OLF-Sh...
Scheme of Financial Assistance to States for Capex
The Ministry of Finance recently announced that it is to provide Rs 15,000 crores to the states for ...
Who are FACT rebels of Chad?
The Libya based rebels that are currently attacking Chad are called FACT. FACT is Front for Change a...
BRICS seminar on Misuse of Internet by Terrorists
The National Investigation Agency recently organised a two-day virtual event with BRICS countries on...
Bohag Bihu Bird Count 2021 begins
On April 14, 2021, the Bohag Bihu Bird count began in Assam. The Bohag Bihu Bird count was launched ...
Risa in the Culture of Tripura
The Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb recently wore “Risa” on Kokborok Day. The Chief Mini...
India’s Eight Point Action Plan to UNSC to combat terrorism
The External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar recently addressed the United Nations Security Council...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|