Over 30.6 lakh persons enrolled under PM-SYM Scheme
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Santosh Kumar Gangwar stated in Lok Sabha that over 30.6 lakh persons have been enrolled so far under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) scheme.
The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM-SYM) scheme provides a fixed monthly pension after the age of 60 years. The features of the scheme are:
- The workers in the unorganized sectors whose monthly income is less than 15000 are eligible under the scheme.
- The scheme provides a monthly pension of Rs. 3000 to the employees of the unorganised sector after they attain the age of 60 years.
- A matching contribution would be made by the Central Government for the monthly premiums.
- The pension benefits can be availed just by paying Rs 55 by those entering the scheme at the age of 18 and Rs 100 by those entering the scheme at the age of 20.
- Those above 40 are not eligible under the scheme.
- It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme. It is running alongside the existing Atal Pension Yojana, which guarantees returns post-retirement. Beneficiaries under the Atal Pension Yojana are not eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme.
More than 10 crore workers are expected tp be benefited from the scheme. The scheme is aimed at providing social security to the workers from the unorganized sector.
What is Section 142 of Social Security Code?
The Ministry of Labour and Employment recently notified Section 142 of the Social Security Code, 202...
US Population increases by 7.4%
The Central Bureau of the United States recently announced that the population of the United States ...
Parliament passes ‘National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill’
Parliament passed “National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development Bill, 2021” (NBFID...
Marine Aids to Navigation Bill Introduced
The Marine Aids to Navigation Bill 2021 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on March 15, 2021. The bill ...
Major Ports Authorities Bill, 2020
The “Major Ports Authorities Bill, 2020” was passed in the Rajya Sabha on February 10, 2021. The...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|