ONGC overtakes India Oil Corp as Most Profitable PSU
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) overtook India Oil Corporation (IOC) by regaining crown of being India’s most profitable Public Sector Undertakings (PSU).
- In the previous two financial years (2016-17 and 2017-18) ONGC had lost the most profitable PSU tag to IOC.
- In fiscal year 2018-19, ONGC’s net profits increased by 34% to Rs.26,716 crore in comparison to it IOC registered a net profit of Rs.17,274 crore for fiscal year ended March 31, 2019.
- In Financial year 2018-19 IOC also lost its title of being India’s largest company by turnover tag to Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries. It was because IOC’s refining margins were under pressure due to falling oil prices. Thus with a 44% rise in revenue, RIL is now India’s biggest firm in terms of revenue, profit and market capitalisation.
- It is a state owned multinational oil and gas company earlier headquartered in Dehradun, (Uttarakhand) now headquartered in Vasant Kunj, Delhi.
- It is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU), under administrative control of Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- It is India’s largest oil and gas exploration and production company which global rank of 11 among the Top 250 Global Energy Companies (by Platts).
- It produces about 62% of India’s natural gas demand 70% of India’s crude oil demand which is equivalent to around 30% of India’s total demand.
Ladakh Ignited Minds Project
The Indian Army recently initiated the Ladakh Ignited Mines Project to provide educational opportuni...
Crude oil output of India drops
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas recently released its data for the fiscal year 2020-21. Ac...
Future-Amazon Dispute: Future Group challenges Delhi HC order
The Future Group has challenged the Delhi high court order that banned the sale of its assets to Rel...
Reliance Industries Fined
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently fined the Reliance Industries Limited and...
Bengal Basin-India’s Eighth Functional Basin
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation recently began oil production from Ashokenagar-1 well located in...
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
Topics: Global Energy Companies • India Oil Corp • India Oil Corporation • IOC • Oil and Natural Gas Corporation • ONGC • PSU • Public Sector Undertaking • Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) • Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|