NTA extended date for exam applications’ submission
The National Testing Agency has extended the date of submission of online application forms of various exams. The announcement comes in light of the COVID-19 situation.
The National Testing Agency is a government agency established in 2017. It is an autonomous organisation concerned with the conduction of examinations for admission into higher educational institutions in India. The agency is chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Functions of NTA
- Identification of institutions for conduction of online exams.
- Creation of question banks for all subjects.
- Establishment of a strong R&D culture and a pool of experts in testing.
- Aiding, training, providing advisory services and quality testing services to colleges and universities in the field of testing.
- Improvement of testing culture through domestic and international expertise and also through international collaborations with organisations like ETS.
- Conduct exams that are entrusted to it by the government.
- Reformation and training of school boards and other bodies where the testing standards should be comparable with the entrance exams.
Exams Conducted by NTA
Some of the exams conducted by the NTA are:
- JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam)
- NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- Undergraduate)
- NET (National Eligibility Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test)
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs