November 15 declared as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’
On November 10, 2021, Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved declaration of November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas.
- The day was declared as a part of year-long celebration of 75 years of India’s independence, in a bid to commemorate brave tribal freedom fighters.
- November 15 also marks the birth anniversary date of Birsa Munda who is considered as God by tribal communities across India.
- Birsa Munda had made significant contributions in India’s Independence by fighting against exploitative system of British colonial system.
- He belonged to the Munda tribe and spearheaded an Indian tribal religious Millenarian movement in late 19th century across the tribal belt of present-day Bihar and Jharkhand.
The Janjatiya Gaurav Divas
The Janjatiya Gaurav Divas will be observed to commemorate tribal freedom fighters. It will make the coming generations aware of sacrifices made by tribal freedom fighters during India’s independence movement. The day will be celebrated every year to recognize the efforts made by tribals in preserving cultural heritage and promoting Indian values of national pride & hospitality.
Significance of the Day
The Janjatiya Gaurav Divas will acknowledge the cultural heritage and glorious history of tribal communities.
How this day will be celebrated?
- To mark this day, Indian government will launch a week-long celebration to commemorate 75 years of history of tribal people. It will start from November 15 and will conclude on November 22, 2021.
- Central and State government will organize several activities as a part of celebration.
- The theme of each activity will showcase achievements of tribals in Indian Freedom Struggle.
- Government will undertake several initiatives in health, education, skill development, livelihood, and infrastructure.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|