North East Festival and Experiencing the North East held in New Delhi
The sixth edition of North East festival is being organized till October 28, 2018 in New Delhi and the 15th edition of Indian International Centre festival is to be held from 27-31 October 2018
Key feature of North East Festival
- Cultural performances involving Bagrumba dance, Hozagir dance of Tripura, Bihu dance of Assam, Garo Wangla dance and Manipuri martial arts performances called Thang Ta.
- Fashion shows with traditional patterns and textiles.
- Presentation of organic food and vegetables grown in the region
- 150 craft stalls displaying exotic handloom and handicrafts products of north east region.
- Agriculture, horticulture and food processing stalls.
- There will be special performances by Nise Meruno, classical pianist and vocalist.
Key Features of Experiencing the North East
- The festival is a part of Destination North East Series being organised by North Eastern Council, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- The festival is organised by Indian International Centre as 15th anniversary of its annual festivals. The theme for this year is “Experiencing the North East”.
- To showcase the richness of cultural heritage of North East there will be focus on presenting dance, music, theatre, exhibitions, and special cuisines to the visitors.
- There will be an exhibition specially focused on Bamboo products.
- A literary event called “These hills we come from’…Voices from North East
- Will took place focusing on literature of the region.
- There will be a showcase of Films of the region also there in the festival.
Thang Ta and sarit –sarak: These two are the martial art forms from the Indian state of Manipur. In Manipuri language thang means sword and ta means spear. Thang Ta is name for the ancient martial practice known as Huyen Lallong .The unarmed aspect of Thang Ta is named as sarit sarak.
Category: Art & Culture Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|