North East Festival and Experiencing the North East held in New Delhi
The sixth edition of North East festival is being organized till October 28, 2018 in New Delhi and the 15th edition of Indian International Centre festival is to be held from 27-31 October 2018
Key feature of North East Festival
- Cultural performances involving Bagrumba dance, Hozagir dance of Tripura, Bihu dance of Assam, Garo Wangla dance and Manipuri martial arts performances called Thang Ta.
- Fashion shows with traditional patterns and textiles.
- Presentation of organic food and vegetables grown in the region
- 150 craft stalls displaying exotic handloom and handicrafts products of north east region.
- Agriculture, horticulture and food processing stalls.
- There will be special performances by Nise Meruno, classical pianist and vocalist.
Key Features of Experiencing the North East
- The festival is a part of Destination North East Series being organised by North Eastern Council, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- The festival is organised by Indian International Centre as 15th anniversary of its annual festivals. The theme for this year is “Experiencing the North East”.
- To showcase the richness of cultural heritage of North East there will be focus on presenting dance, music, theatre, exhibitions, and special cuisines to the visitors.
- There will be an exhibition specially focused on Bamboo products.
- A literary event called “These hills we come from’…Voices from North East
- Will took place focusing on literature of the region.
- There will be a showcase of Films of the region also there in the festival.
Thang Ta and sarit –sarak: These two are the martial art forms from the Indian state of Manipur. In Manipuri language thang means sword and ta means spear. Thang Ta is name for the ancient martial practice known as Huyen Lallong .The unarmed aspect of Thang Ta is named as sarit sarak.
What is Oktoberfest?
Oktoberfest is an annual festival celebrated in the month of October for two weeks in Munich, German...
India-International Cherry Blossom Festival of Shillong cancelled
Every year the cherry blossom festival is hosted by Meghalaya in the starting of November. This year...
Kati Bihu festival celebrated in Assam: Key Facts
Kati Bihu is celebrated in Assam and is one of the three Bihu festivals. The Kati Bihu is also calle...
The President and the Vice President greeted the nation on occasion of the Chaitra Sukladi or the Ug...
Digital Art Fairs
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of the major international art fairs are cancelling....
March 20th 2020 marked the worldwide celebration of the Persian New Year by various Zoroastrian, Mus...
Chaitra Jatra Festival cancelled in Odisha due to Corona Virus
On March 16, 2020, the Odisha Government cancelled the famous Chaitra Jatra festival due to the thre...
First Jerusalem-Mumbai festival held in Mumbai
The Jerusalem-Mumbai festival is to be held in Mumbai on February 15, 2020 to promote artistic and c...
Lai Haraoba Festival begins in Tripura
On January 2, 2020, the Lai Haraoba festival began in Tripura. The festival will be celebrated for 5...
Category: Art & Culture Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|