NCW launches ‘She is a Changemaker’ programme
National Commission for Women (NCW) launched a pan-India capacity building programme called “She is a Changemaker” on December 7, 2021.
- She is a Changemaker programme was launched for women in Politics.
- It is a capacity building programme, which will be undertaken in association with region-wise training institutes.
- It will be implemented with an objective of undertaking capacity building of women political leaders as well as improving their decision making & communication skills.
Launch of training programmes
Launch of training programmes under the She is a Changemaker programme was held in collaboration with Rhambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini, Thane, Maharashtra.
Who launched with programme?
Programmes under the campaign were launched by the Chairperson of NCW, Rekha Sharma.
National Commission for Women (NCW)
NCW is the statutory body of Government of India. It is usually concerned with advising the government on all policy matters related to women. NCW was established on January 31, 1992 in accordance with the provisions of National Commission for Women Act, 1990. The first chairperson of the commission was Jayanti Patnaik.
Functions of NCW
The NCW work with the objective of:
- Representing the rights of women in India
- To provide a voice for issues and concerns related to women.
Subjects of campaigns
The subjects of campaigns of NCW include politics, equal representation for women in jobs, dowry, religion, and exploitation of women for labour.
The Rashtra Mahila is the monthly newsletter, published by NCW in both Hindi and English.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|