National Cancer Institute (NCI) opened in Jhajjar, Haryana
India’s largest Cancer Institute, National Cancer Institute (NCI), has opened on 18th December 2018 in Jhajjar, Haryana for public services. The National Cancer Institute will be formally inaugurated in January 2019.
The National Cancer Institute has been established under a project of Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Dr G.K. Rath, head of Institute Rotary Cancer hospital at All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi, will head the NCI.
About the National Cancer Institute:
- The NCI is built at a cost of Rs 2,035 crore. Presently, NCI has a total of 710 beds out of which 200 beds have been dedicated for the treatment of cancer patients based on research protocols.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) will act as the nodal institution for all cancer-related activities in India.
- It will be linked to regional cancer centres and other cancer institutes of India.
- The NCI will be the premier institute for cancer treatment and research. It is tasked to conduct basic and applied research in areas like molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, cancer epidemiology, radiation biology, cancer vaccines and more.
- It will work towards evolving new cancer control strategies, which include new models of prevention, early diagnosis and therapy, for the developing nations.
- Development of human resource in various branches of cancer management is another area where NCI will work.
- NCI will also have the facilities for training and capacity building in cancer treatment.
- The NCI will have equipment with advanced and latest technology to learn more about cancer.
- NCI will assist other regional cancer centres in research activities.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) will help to take off some patient load from AIIMS which presently receives about 1000 patients every day. Although the doctors have started OPDs in the NCI, the full functioning of all the departments of the National Cancer Institute will commence in January 2019.
Why did Haryana Government amend the Rules for conduct of business in Assembly?
The Haryana State Government recently added several new provisions to maintain the decorum of the St...
Right to Recall Panchayat Member Bill of Haryana: Key Facts
The Haryana Government passed a bill on November 6 which provides a right to recall an elected membe...
Anaemia Mukt Bharat Index released
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare along with UNICEF launched the anaemia Mukt Bharat i...
MCI makes Pandemic Management a part of MBBS Course
The Medical Council of India (MCI) which regulates medical education in the country recently launche...
Mega Blood Donation Camps at AIIMS, Delhi inaugurated
The Union Health Minister has inaugurated a Mega Blood Donation Camp dedicated to the Corona Warrior...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|