NASSCOM Foundation’s Social Innovation Forum (NSIF) award
NASSCOM Foundation, the Indian IT industry body’s social arm, and Bangalore based software firm Mphasis announced the winners of the 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum (NSIF) award. The NSIF is an ecosystem of over 2,200 social innovations, awarding over 90 social innovation projects, and has given more than Rs.1.5 crore in catalytic grants.
In 2019 edition of awards, seven organisations were declared winners across a range of categories who will receive catalytic grants for innovatively applying technology for social impact. The winners will receive Rs.10 lakh each as catalytic grants and a 12-month Support to Scale industry mentorship from experts, worth more than Rs.20 lakh.
Winners of Award
- Meraki Foundation: in Education category, won the award for upskilling low income parents towards holistic learning of their wards so as to act early to unleash a child’s potential
- Inali Foundation: won for Accessibility for developing an ‘affordable’ myoelectric prosthetic arm.
- PadCare Labs Pvt. Ltd., a Pune-based startup: won for Healthcare for developing ‘Sanicure’, a smokeless sanitary napkin disposal system.
- MHS City Lab: won the Financial Inclusion award for ‘NEEV’ a digital tool for affordable low-income housing
- Watsan Envirotech Pvt. Ltd.: won Environment award.
- NotOnMap (NoM), a Himachal Pradesh-based Community-based tourism start-up: won for Other Social issues for creating livelihood for culturally hidden communities
- Bombay Bijlee
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News