Nagaland: ‘Call your Cop mobile App’ launched for citizens
Nagaland Police officially launched the ‘Call your Cop’ mobile App on November 29, 2021.
- The app was launched at Police Headquarters in Kohima.
- It will enable all citizens in the state, including those in distress, to get in touch with the police directly, as police will be available easily, with just one click away.
- This initiative is also in line with the total modernization of police department across the country.
- It seeks to stop violence against weaker sections of the society.
- Launch of this app in Nagaland is the most significant initiative, as it seeks to bring Police and public closer.
Features of the App
Significant features of the app include- alerts, directory, SOS, tourist tips, nearest police station and search. This app can be downloaded from google store on any android phone.
Police Reforms in India
Police reforms in India aim to transform culture, values, policies and practices of police organizations. Reforms envisages police to perform their duties for their democratic values, rule of law and human rights. Such reforms aim to improve how police interact with other parts of the security sector like courts and departments of corrections. In Indian constitution, Police has been listed under state list of Schedule 7.
Modernisation of Police Forces
Modernisation of Police Forces (MPF) scheme was launched in 1969-70. Since then, it has undergone several revisions over the years. The scheme provided for:
- Procurement of modern weapons
- Logistics support
- Mobility of police forces
- Upgradation of police wireless and
- National satellite network
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|