Mr. Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned as AP Chief Minister
Mr. Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned from the post of Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and also quitted from the membership of the State Assembly and the Congress Party. Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan accepted the resignation of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and asked him to continue in office till alternative arrangements are made.
Why Mr. Reddy resigned from the CM post of Andhra?
To protest against the Congress and Centre’s decision to divide AP and the way the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Bill was dealt with in Parliament. Now, the formation of Telangana state waited for the formal nod of President, as the Telangana Bill passed in both Houses of Parliament.
Highlights of the Telangana Bill:
- Telangana will have 10 districts and the rest of Andhra Pradesh 13 districts.
- Hyderabad will remain the joint capital of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh for ten years.
- The Bhadrachalam division will continue to be with Khammam district which will be part of Telangana.
- NTPC will construct a 4,000 MW power project in Telangana to solve the electricity problem in the region.
- A petroleum university will be constructed in Seemandhra region while seats for Semmandhra students in educational institutes in Telangana will be reserved for ten years.
- Article 371 D will continue for the both states to ensure equitable opportunities for education and public employment.
Note: Telangana will become the 29th state of India after the approval of President of India.
Andhra to launch India’s First Govt Run Animal Ambulance Network
The state government of the Andhra Pradesh has decided to set up “India’s first governme...
Andhra Pradesh: 2nd State to undertake Power Sector reforms
Andhra Pradesh has become the second State to implement the power sector reforms that was put forwar...
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan mohan Reddy recently launched the YSR free Crop Insura...
Mystery Disease in Andhra Pradesh – Update (December, 2020)
Context in Current Affairs: A mystery disease has broken out in the state of Andhra Pradesh. More ...
“Go Electric Campaign” of BEE: AP to set up 400 EV charging stations
The “Go Electric” campaign was launched by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in coordination wit...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|