MoU signed for enabling online submission of applications under PMAY
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has inked MoU with Common Services Centre (CSC), a SPV of Ministry of Information Technology for enabling online submission of applications under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation M Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister for IT Ravi Shankar Prasad.
What is significance of the MoU?
- It will enable online submission of applications by the urban poor for affordable houses under PMAY (Urban).
- About 60 thousand CSCs located in urban areas will enable online submission of applications at a nominal cost of 25 rupees per application.
- CSCs will also facilitate printing of the acknowledgement receipt with beneficiary photograph which helps applicants in tracking application status.
About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Union Government had launched Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in June 2015 in line with its ambitious Housing for All by 2022 Mission.
- Under this scheme government plans to build two crore houses for the poor in urban areas by year 2022, which coincides with 75 years of Independence.
- The scheme has four basic components viz. slum rehabilitation, affordable housing, credit linked interest subsidy and beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
- Intended beneficiary will be poor people (BPL) and people living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishments of the country.
- Under this scheme, the ownership of houses will be in the name of woman or jointly with husband.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|